IMPROVING LIVES AND CHANGING LIFE STORIES
The Children’s Home Network is dedicated to improving lives and changing life stories. We unlock the potential of at-risk children and families by providing compassionate and effective services that create opportunities for success.
Welcome to the Children’s Home Network Kinship Navigation website. This website is designed to offer programs, jurisdictions and states a platform to learn how we are innovating child welfare practice and how our capacity building activities can support our mission and vision as a recognized leader in innovative programs and services in the field of child and family well-being. The Children's Home Network is positioned to provide consultation and training services to replicate our Kinship Navigation model that is culturally tailored to your community, jurisdiction or state. Submit a request on our inquiry tab.
The Children's Home Network is currently serving 8 Florida Counties, that include Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Osceola, Orange, Seminole, Broward and Dade.
Intake and Referral Line is 888-920-8761.
Children's Home Network
Capacity Building Activities
- Explore the assets in the community supporting kinship care
- Review policies and procedures impacting kinship
- Identify champions who can provide leadership in implementation for kinship navigation
- Replicate the Children's Home Network Kinship Navigation model through training, coaching, evaluation, and partnership
Develop Knowledge and Skills
- Assess current workforce on their knowledge on kinship principles and practices
- Identify other areas in the existing system which promote kinship to build sustainable support
- Train partners for improved practice with kinship
- Mentor, coach and consult to promote a learning organization
Assess Culture and Climate
- Assess organizational readiness for implementation
- Develop a shared vision and identity
- Assess motivation and the willingness of an organization to change and adapt kinship navigation.
- This includes beliefs, attitudes, and commitment to kinship families.
- Assess general capacity, including leadership, staff, and structures in place to implement kinship navigation.
- Assess kinship navigation specific capacity, including technical and evaluation specific support.
Engage and Partner
- Enhance communication among providers from multiple service and industry sectors
- Strengthen partnerships through community of practice
- Evaluate and Translate
- Assess the fidelity of implementation
- Identify cultural and contextual influences on implementation
- Identify and disseminate barriers and facilitators to implementation
- Translate lessons learned to guide practice improvements