IMPROVING LIVES AND CHANGING LIFE STORIES
The Children’s Home Network is dedicated to improving lives and changing life stories. We unlock the potential of at-risk children and families by providing compassionate and effective services that create opportunities for success.
Welcome to the Children’s Home Network KIN-TECH™ Kinship Navigation website. This website is designed to offer programs, jurisdictions and states a platform to learn how we are innovating child welfare practice and how our capacity building activities can support our mission and vision as a recognized leader in innovative programs and services in the field of child and family well-being. The Children's Home Network is positioned to provide consultation and training services to replicate our Kinship Navigation model that is culturally tailored to your community, jurisdiction or state. Submit a request on our inquiry tab.
The Children's Home Network is currently serving 8 Florida Counties, that include Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Osceola, Orange, Seminole, Broward and Dade.
Intake and Referral Line is 888-920-8761.
Children's Home Network
Capacity Building Activities
- Explore the assets in the community supporting kinship care
- Review policies and procedures impacting kinship
- Identify champions who can provide leadership in implementation for kinship navigation
- Replicate the Children's Home Network Kinship Navigation model through training, coaching, evaluation, and partnership
Develop Knowledge and Skills
- Assess current workforce on their knowledge on kinship principles and practices
- Identify other areas in the existing system which promote kinship to build sustainable support
- Train partners for improved practice with kinship
- Mentor, coach and consult to promote a learning organization
Assess Culture and Climate
- Assess organizational readiness for implementation
- Develop a shared vision and identity
- Assess motivation and the willingness of an organization to change and adapt kinship navigation.
- This includes beliefs, attitudes, and commitment to kinship families.
- Assess general capacity, including leadership, staff, and structures in place to implement kinship navigation.
- Assess kinship navigation specific capacity, including technical and evaluation specific support.
Engage and Partner
- Enhance communication among providers from multiple service and industry sectors
- Strengthen partnerships through community of practice
- Evaluate and Translate
- Assess the fidelity of implementation
- Identify cultural and contextual influences on implementation
- Identify and disseminate barriers and facilitators to implementation
- Translate lessons learned to guide practice improvements